Skip to Main Content

For information about COVID-19 policies and restrictions on campus, please visit the UCLA COVID-19 resources website.

UCLA Registrar's Office

Students may be able to withdraw from a term if they have not completed finals in any of their classes.

Students who have paid term fees may be eligible to withdraw from a term after it has begun if they have not completed any of their enrolled classes. Students who withdraw from the University once instruction begins must file a Withdrawal Notice.

Download Withdrawal Notice

Failing to attend classes, neglecting courses, or stopping payment on checks tendered for registration does not constitute notice of withdrawal. A fine is assessed if any payment for registration fees payment is returned by a bank for any reason, including stopped payment or insufficient funds.

The effective date for determining a refund of fees is the date a student files the Withdrawal Notice with the College, school, or Graduate Division. It is presumed that no University services are to be provided to the student after that date. If no credit for courses is received, a full refund of the student services fee for the regular session is granted to all students entering the armed forces prior to the end of the sixth week of the term, with no refund thereafter. Detailed fee refund information is included with the form.

Students who received financial aid for the term may be billed for all or a portion of the aid received. Financial Aid and Scholarships notifies students of the amount of aid that must be returned.

The Withdrawal Notice is reviewed by the student’s College or school, or the Graduate Division, for validity of information and to establish the conditions for readmission or continuation. Detailed instructions are included with the form.


Students should contact the appropriate College or school student services office to submit the completed form as instructed.