Skip to Main Content

For information about COVID-19 policies and restrictions on campus, please visit the UCLA COVID-19 resources website.

UCLA Registrar's Office

Proof of enrollment certifies registration (fee payment and enrollment status) and degrees earned.

Proof of Enrollment

Proof of enrollment does not display courses or grades, but does include

  • month and day of birth
  • date(s) of admission
  • terms and dates of attendance
  • enrollment status for each term attended
  • class level and career
  • College or school attended
  • major(s)
  • degree-expected term
  • UCLA degree(s) awarded and date(s) of award
  • Registrar’s seal and signature

Enrollment Status

A study list of 12 or more units for registered undergraduate students, or 8 or more units for registered graduate students, is considered full-time status for enrollment reporting, insurance, intercollegiate athletics, and financial aid purposes.

Proof of enrollment confirms student enrollment status only after registration fees have been paid for the term. Verification of student workload is based on actual enrolled units. It does not consider wait-listed units.

Most students can use the proof of enrollment request (sign-in required).

Classes Dropped for Nonpayment

After the term registration fees payment deadline, classes are automatically dropped if fees have not been paid in full. Nonpayment drop dates are published on the Term Calendar. Several days before a nonpayment drop deadline, warning notifications are e-mailed to enrolled students who have not paid in full. Several weeks before that, all students are e-mailed a reminder notification of term fee payment and enrollment deadlines.  

For verification that classes were dropped for nonpayment on a scheduled drop date, students can access an official verification letter. A verification letter does not guarantee re-enrollment.

New Incoming Student Scholarship

New students who require proof of enrollment to receive a scholarship may obtain a letter confirming admission to the University and intent to register for the term of admission by using a new student verification request. Or, students may wait until fees are paid to request proof of enrollment.

California Department of Motor Vehicles

Students may obtain a letter that verifies enrollment and degree, date of birth, and California mailing address for the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Students must have a California mailing address on their UCLA records. Use the DMV letter request.

195CE Internship Course

Students may obtain a letter that verifies academic credit is being received for a 195CE internship course by using the internship letter request. Students must be enrolled in the 195CE class before submitting this request.

Other Verifications

Degree Verification

For graduating students, verification of a degree can be issued after the degree has been posted to the student’s record, approximately six weeks after the end of the term. If earlier proof of degree is required, complete an Early Certificate of Completion Request and contact a degree auditor in 1113 Murphy Hall. There is no fee for the certificate, but a processing fee may apply if it is needed before grades are posted.

English Language Verification

The downloadable English Language Verification (PDF) confirms that courses at UCLA are taught in the English language, unless otherwise noted (e.g., foreign language courses). It also refers to the official UCLA policy as published in the UCLA General Catalog Academic Policies section.


The UCLA Registrar’s Office notarizes only those documents it issues: diplomas, official transcripts, and proofs of enrollment. See Notary Services.

Special Verification

To request verification of data not included on the proof of enrollment, submit a Special Verification Letter Request. If the request can be satisfied, a special handling fee applies. Allow one business day to process the verification before returning to the Registrar’s Office to pick it up. A photo ID is required.

Third-Party Verification

Third parties, such as employers and creditors, must obtain verifications from UCLA-authorized National Student Clearinghouse.

Fees and Payment

Proof of enrollment is available at no charge through MyUCLA. Most other documentation is also available to students at no charge. Fees for services, expedited delivery, and special handling appear on each form. Or, see a complete transcript-related fees list. Fees are subject to change at any time.

  • Online orders require an American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA credit card.
  • Mail orders must be accompanied by a check or money order, payable to Regents-UC.
  • In-person orders by current students are billed to the BruinBill account.


Submit completed web forms, attachments, and payment online. Submit PDF forms, with payment and attachments if applicable, by mail or in person to the Registrar’s Office student services windows.

For questions, contact Registrar’s Office units by e-mail or through the Message Center.