Skip to Main Content

For coronavirus information for the UCLA community, please visit the Ashe Center website and UCLA’s information page.

UCLA Registrar's Office

Under limited circumstances and with prior approval, certain students may qualify for some reduced fees.

Undergraduate Students

An undergraduate student who has received approval from the dean of the College/school to be enrolled in 10 or fewer units may be eligible for a one-half reduction in the tuition portion of registration fees and a one-half reduction in nonresident supplemental tuition, if applicable.

Consult with the College or school for eligibility requirements.

To obtain approval, a Fee Reduction Request must be filed by Friday of the second week of the term.

Download Fee Reduction Request

If a student enrolls in or receives credit for more units than approved, a bill is issued for repayment of the amount by which fees were reduced.

Fee assessment for reduction in fees is based on total enrolled units. A student must be enrolled in 10 or fewer units as of Friday of the third week of the term.

Except for these qualified and approved part-time students, there is no reduction in the student services fee, tuition, nonresident supplemental tuition, IEI fee, student union, or Undergraduate Students Association fees.


File the request at the appropriate College or school academic dean’s office by Friday of the second week of the term.

  • Academic Advancement Program (AAP)
    1209 Campbell Hall
  • College Academic Counseling (CAC)
    A316 Murphy Hall
  • School of the Arts and Architecture
    2200 Broad Art Center
  • Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science
    6426 Boelter Hall
  • Herb Alpert School of Music
    1642 Schoenberg Music Building
  • School of Nursing
    2-137 Factor Building
  • Meyer and Renee Luskin School of Public Affairs
    3343 Public Affairs Building
  • School of Theater, Film, and Television
    103 East Melnitz Building

Graduate Students

For graduate students there is no reduction in tuition, student services fee, nonresident supplemental tuition, student union, or Graduate Students Association fee for less than full-time programs.

Graduate students may be eligible for and billed a filing fee (half the full amount of the student services fee) in lieu of the full student services fee for the term in which they expect to complete final degree requirements.

Graduate students taking research or coursework or conducting research related to their degree programs outside California may be eligible for in absentia registration and reduction of the student services fee and tuition.

See the Graduate Division website for further details.

University Employees

Full-time UCLA employees may apply for a reduction of the student services fee and tuition at the Campus Human Resources website or office. Students who receive the part-time fee reduction from their academic dean may not also use the employee reduction; they must use one or the other.

Related Content