Skip to Main Content
UCLA Registrar's Office

After an absence of more than one term, undergraduate students must apply for readmission.

To return to UCLA after an absence of more than one term, any undergraduate student—except for those on PAL for non-UC study abroad—must apply for readmission using an undergraduate readmission application. A nonrefundable fee applies. A readmission application is required to attend a regular session term only (fall, winter, or spring).

Applicants should consult with the appropriate academic advising office for any readmission conditions that may apply.

Ineligibility New undergraduate students who cancel registration, withdraw, or lose student status on or before Friday of week three of their first quarter are not eligible for readmission. They must reapply to UCLA using a UC admission application.

Summer sessions A readmission application is not required to attend UCLA summer sessions. Contact Summer Sessions for additional guidance on summer enrollment.

Advising Offices

To contact a departmental adviser, see the individual department.


  • Statement of legal residence All students applying for readmission must also complete the statement of legal residence attached to the application.
  • Official transcripts Students who have attended any educational institution, including another University of California campus or UCLA Extension, since their last attendance at UCLA must submit official transcripts from those schools with the application. Students admitted to UCLA prior to fall 1988 who have not been registered at UCLA for the last five years are required to resubmit official transcripts of all work completed outside UCLA. Action taken on the application is contingent upon receipt and evaluation of these transcripts.


Applicants are encouraged to apply at least six to eight weeks prior to the deadline in order to enroll during the first pass enrollment period. If a deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it is extended to the next business day. Applications received after the deadline are assessed a late readmission fee and, if applicable, a late registration fee.

Readmission Term Application Deadline
Fall Quarter August 15
Winter Quarter November 25
Spring Quarter February 25

Submit the completed application and processing fee to the Registrar’s Office by mail, e-mail, Message Center, or in person at 1113 Murphy Hall.