After an absence of more than one term, undergraduate students must apply for readmission.
To return to UCLA after an absence of more than one term, any undergraduate student—except for those on PAL for non-UC study abroad—must apply for readmission using an Undergraduate Readmission Application. A nonrefundable fee applies.
Applicants should consult with the appropriate academic advising office for any readmission conditions that may apply.
- Academic Advancement Program (AAP)
1209 Campbell Hall
- School of the Arts and Architecture
2200 Broad Art Center
- College Academic Counseling (CAC)
A316 Murphy Hall
- College Honors (Letters and Science program)
A311 Murphy Hall
- Graduate School of Education and Information Studies
1009 Moore Hall
- Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science
6426 Boelter Hall
- Herb Alpert School of Music
1642 Schoenberg Music Building
- School of Nursing
2-137 Factor Building
- Meyer and Renee Luskin School of Public Affairs
3343 Public Affairs Building
- Student Athletics
- School of Theater, Film, and Television
103 East Melnitz Building
To contact a departmental adviser, see the individual department link.
- Statement of Legal Residence All students applying for readmission must also complete the Statement of Legal Residence attached to the application.
- Official Transcripts Students who have attended any educational institution, including another University of California campus or UCLA Extension, since their last attendance at UCLA must submit official transcripts from those schools with the application. Students admitted to UCLA prior to Fall 1988 who have not been registered at UCLA for the last five years are required to resubmit official transcripts of all work completed outside UCLA. Action taken on the application is contingent upon receipt and evaluation of these transcripts.
Applicants are encouraged to apply at least six to eight weeks prior to the deadline in order to enroll during the first pass enrollment period. If a deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it is extended to the next business day. Applications received after the deadline are assessed a late readmission fee and, if applicable, a late registration fee.
|Readmission Term||Application Deadline|
|Fall Quarter||August 15|
|Winter Quarter||November 25|
|Spring Quarter||February 25|
Submit the completed application and processing fee to the Registrar’s Office by mail, or in person at the student services windows.
In compliance with COVID-19-related safer-at-home orders, Registrar forms cannot be accepted in person at this time. If the service is not available online, send the form by e-mail instead. Contact Registrar’s Office units by e-mail or through the MyUCLA Message Center with questions.