Skip to Main Content
UCLA Registrar's Office

Students who do not register or take official leave must apply for readmission.

Graduate students who fail to register or take an official leave of absence are required to apply for readmission and are held to any changes in degree program requirements. Students must complete the application for graduate admission; a nonrefundable fee must be paid when the application is filed. Consult the department for application deadlines.

Formal application for readmission is not required of a student returning from an official leave of absence, nor is formal application required of a currently enrolled UCLA graduate student changing from one major to another.