Skip to Main Content
UCLA Registrar's Office

Completion of a minor appears on the diploma and official transcript. A student must petition a department to enter a minor it offers.

To have a minor officially recorded on the transcript and diploma, the student must petition the department or office administering the minor for admission to the minor.

College of Letters and Science students must petition to enter a minor through the department or office administering the minor. School of the Arts and Architecture; Engineering; Music; Nursing; and Theater, Film, and Television students must also obtain school approval.

The last day to obtain the required approval(s) is Friday of the second week of the degree-expected term. Late entry to a minor may result in a degree award date for the following term. Successful completion of a minor is noted on official transcripts and diplomas.