A student can use this form to request inspection of the student’s own record on file with the Registrar’s Office.
Pursuant to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), state information practices law, and UC policies, UCLA students have the right to inspect and review records pertaining to themselves in their capacity as students. A photo ID is required to request and view records.
Inspection of student records maintained by the Registrar’s Office is by appointment only. An inspection request takes approximately five business days to process, and the student is notified by e-mail when the record is available. To preserve the security and integrity of University files, inspection of the student record must be conducted in the presence of a designated representative of the Registrar.
If the record is not viewed within seven days of notification, a new request must be submitted to arrange a new inspection appointment.
A student who attended UCLA more than five years ago may view the academic transcript, which is the official permanent record and only information available.
Submit this form in person, with photo ID, atUCLA Registrar’s Office
1113 Murphy Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1429
In compliance with COVID-19-related safer-at-home orders, Registrar forms cannot be accepted in person at this time. If the service is not available online, send the form by e-mail instead. Contact Registrar’s Office units by e-mail or through the MyUCLA Message Center with questions.
- Student records content and disclosure for faculty and staff
- UCLA Policy 220 Disclosure of Information from Student Records
- UCLA Procedure 220.1 Student Grievances Regarding Violations of FERPA…
- UCLA Policy 603 Privacy of and Access to Information
- UC Policies Applying to Campus Activities, Organizations and Students (PDF)
- U.S. Department of Education Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)