Skip to Main Content
UCLA Registrar's Office

Use this form to petition for a change of major, minor, or College or school.

Students in good academic standing who wish to change their major may petition to do so, provided they can complete the new major within the 216-unit limit.

Petitions must be submitted to and approved by the department or committee in charge of the new major. Changes to or from multiple majors require College/school and department approval. College/school changes require College/school approval.

Download Undergraduate Program Change Petition

Admission to certain majors may be closed or restricted. The student should consult with the department offering the desired major.

Changes to an undergraduate program are normally not permitted if the student is on probation or has begun the last term.


Program change petition submission varies by College/school. Consult the College or school academic advising office for instructions on how to submit the petition.