Skip to Main Content
UCLA Registrar's Office

If an original diploma is lost or destroyed, it can be replaced. A diploma can be re-issued with a new legal name.

Most UCLA graduates can use the MyUCLA Diploma Request feature or a Replacement Diploma Request form to order a replacement diploma if the original has been lost or destroyed, or to request re-issue of a diploma after a graduate’s legal name change. Students who graduated prior to 1981—and all graduates of the schools of dentistry, law, and medicine—must use the Replacement Diploma Request form. Diploma orders cannot be taken by phone.

The replacement diploma bears a re-issue date and the signatures of current state and University officials. A replacement/special-order diploma fee applies. After receipt of a replacement request, the new diploma is available in approximately three weeks.

Replacement diplomas using any delivery type other than USPS first-class mail are sent within three to five weeks.

New Legal Name

To request that a replacement diploma be re-issued in a new legal name, and to change that name on UCLA records, submit a Legal Name Change or Correction form in addition to the replacement request. Evidence of a court order changing the legal name is required. See legal name change for details.


Submit completed form(s) in person or by mail to the Registrar’s Office student service windows. No-fee and BruinBill charge orders only may be faxed to 310-206-4520.

Contact Registrar’s Office units by e-mail or through the MyUCLA Message Center with questions: Diploma or Name Change.