To produce the UCLA General Catalog, a call for updates is sent. Deadlines for update return, CIMS forms, and other approvals must be met to ensure publication.
Deadlines for return of Catalog copy allow the Registrar’s Office to incorporate as many approved changes a possible, as late as possible, while still meeting June publishing deadlines for the Schedule of Classes and the General Catalog.
2020-21 UCLA General Catalog Production Timeline
|Front Catalog section and Appendixes sent to departments for update |
(Undergraduate Study, Graduate Study, Academic Policies, College and Schools, Appendixes)
|February 21, 2020|
|Deadline for return of front Catalog sections and Appendixes||March 13|
|Curricula and Courses sections sent to departments for update |
(Scope and Objectives and Faculty Rosters)
|Agenda deadline for College FEC meeting on April 17 |
(Contact Leigh Harris, email@example.com)
|Last College FEC meeting before Catalog deadline||April 17|
|Last Undergraduate Council meeting before Catalog deadline |
(Contact April de Stefano, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Deadline to return Curricula and Courses sections||April 10|
|Deadline for Registrar’s Office to receive CIMS forms for course to be included in the Catalog||April 17|
|HTML Catalog online||July 1|
|PDF Catalog online||July 17|
Instructions for Submitting Copy
- The Registrar’s Office receives CIMS forms for all approved new courses and course changes, so the course description sections are not sent out for update.
- Update faculty roster with current faculty and emeriti information. Do not include pending appointment or promotions. Faculty information must match UCLA payroll title data.
- Most changes to undergraduate programs and changes to department names and subject areas have already been updated in the Catalog call. Check copy for accuracy.
- Type approved changes directly on the Catalog call sheets.
- If a change is pending approval at the last FEC or UgC meeting before the deadline, include it in the Catalog copy. It will be removed if approval is not received by the deadline.
- Edited text for approved capstone majors has been included in the requirement for the major section based on what was submitted in the capstone application.
- Graduate program requirement are not published in the Catalog. Graduate Division has a separate call and separate deadlines for updating graduate program copy.
Contact Blake Livesay, email@example.com, for editing assistance.
Contact Karen Robbins, firstname.lastname@example.org, for questions about faculty rosters.