Most transcript orders are processed through MyUCLA. Special handling, attachments, and orders for pre-1980 transcripts are processed by mail or in person.
Order an Official Verification Transcript
Official paper verification transcripts can be ordered online through MyUCLA, by mail, or in person. They are not available as an electronic transcript (PDF). Transcript orders may not be faxed or sent electronically; these are not secure transmission methods and cannot safeguard personal data.
- Current students should order an official verification transcript that doesn’t require special services through MyUCLA (requires UCLA Logon ID).
- Students requiring special transcript handling or services (attachments), and noncurrent students, should order official verification transcripts using a Transcript Order form.
- Students who graduated prior to 1980 must use a Transcript Order form.
To request verification of student status that must appear on official Registrar’s letterhead, or to request verification of data not included on an official academic or verification transcript, use a Special Verification Letter Request form. A new student who needs proof of enrollment to receive a scholarship can use this form to request a letter that confirms admission to UCLA and intent to register for the term of admission. Or, students may wait until fees are paid to order a verification transcript.
If the request can be satisfied, a special handling fee applies. Allow one business day to process the verification before returning to the Registrar’s Office to pick it up. A photo ID is required.
Fees and Payment
Most verification transcripts are available to UCLA students at no charge after payment of the Document Fee. There is no fee for a verification transcript sent by USPS first-class mail to a U.S. address. Fees for services and expedited delivery, and special handling, appear on transcript and verification forms. Complete details appear on the transcript-related fees page. Fees are subject to change at any time.
- Online orders require an American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or VISA card.
- Mail orders must be accompanied by a check or money order, payable to Regents-UC.
- In-person orders by current students are billed to the BruinBill account.
Submit the completed form in person or by mail, with payment and attachments if applicable, to the Registrar’s Office student services windows.
In compliance with COVID-19-related safer-at-home orders, Registrar forms cannot be accepted in person at this time. If the service is not available online, send the form by e-mail instead. Contact Registrar’s Office units by e-mail or through the MyUCLA Message Center with questions.